Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hallelujah, what a Savior

Easter is such a joyful celebration of Jesus. It was good for my heart this weekend to rejoice in the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, paying for my sin, rising from the dead, counting me righteous before God because of absolutely nothing that I've done.  What grace; what a Savior!


Here are the lyrics to a favorite hymn of mine, which we sang at our wedding. It's such sweet truth to my heart, and I hope it is good news to yours today as well.



Hallelujah! What a Savior

Man of Sorrows! what a name
For the Son of God, who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim.


Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Bearing shame and scoffing rude,
In my place condemned He stood;
Sealed my pardon with His blood.


Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Guilty, vile, and helpless we;
Spotless Lamb of God was He;
“Full atonement!” can it be?


Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Lifted up was He to die;
“It is finished!” was His cry;
Now in Heav’n exalted high.


Hallelujah! What a Savior!

When He comes, our glorious King,
All His ransomed home to bring,
Then anew His song we’ll sing:


Hallelujah! What a Savior!

1 comment:

  1. When I was pregnant with Annie we would sing this hymn every Sunday on our way to church (not sure why we started that, or why we stopped) but now it is so special to me. Such beautiful words! I am enjoying reading your blog during nap-time today! :)

    ReplyDelete