Friday, August 22, 2014

Weeks 19 + 20


Whew! Half way to meeting this babe! This pregnancy is going by super fast in so many ways, and in other ways I feel as though I've been pregnant for a long time. Zach and I took a trip to Wyoming to visit family, and it was so so fun and refreshing. We relaxed, ate good food, enjoyed quality time with family, floated the river (a first for me!), hung out at the lake, and got to celebrate as Zach's youngest sister Alli got engaged! Yay!


I've seen this q&a type pregnancy update on other blogs, and thought I'd follow along! 

How far along? 19 and 20 weeks (baby size: mango/small cantaloupe)
Maternity clothes? Still using the belly band with regular shorts/pants but definitely think it's time for maternity jeans. (I actually just ordered some during an awesome sale at Gap and I think I'll be stalking the mailman all week in anticipation for them to arrive.)Wearing maternity tops almost exclusively. Maxi dresses are still great too!
Sleep? Wayyyyy better thanks to getting a wonderful pregnancy pillow. This thing looks kind of wacky, takes up half our tiny bed, and I'd still say it's worth it. Even Zach said he's sleeping better because I'm not moving around so much at night. An all around win!
Best moment this week? Visiting our wonderful family in Wyoming. (And flying there instead of driving!!)
Miss anything? Especially on vacation, I would have loved to have more than one cup of coffee. Definitely not a big deal, but kind of missed being able to partake in the constantly full coffee pot at the Simmons'. :)
Movement? Yes! I can feel baby move, and then will notice one side of my stomach is much firmer. So funny to picture our little one swimming around in there! I still haven't felt a kick from the outside, and I can't wait for that! I really want Zach to be able to feel it too. 
Food cravings? Loving green apples
Anything making you queasy/sick? I planned on making turkey meatballs one day this week, and the thought of actually cooking them made me feel so sick. We ordered Chinese food instead. ha!
Gender: I'm guessing girl and Zach is guessing boy! I've wavered back and forth, and Zach has stuck with boy the entire time. We find out next week!!!
Belly button in or out? Still in ... but barely. 
Wedding rings on or off? on
Looking forward to: Finding out if this baby is a baby boy or girl!
Another highlight of my week? Getting to see pictures of my husband as a baby/little boy. Isn't he precious?! I'll be totally ok if this baby has daddy's dimples, curly hair, and long eyelashes. :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos Justine, the happiness and smiles in them all are absolutely contagious :) ! You and you're husband are beautiful together by the way, and the younger version of him is completely adorable.
    In love with your entire blog,
    Renee xx
    reneealexisxo.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete